Friday 2 July 2010

cheating


Last week I told you I'd been playing around with more spots and I teased that they were headed somewhere fun. Today I can reveal that I ending putting some of them together to make a cheater quilt top for the latest Spoonflower design comp, whose theme is Cheater Quilt. The contest is up today, I just got the email (with my design on it!) and you can vote on it now!

One of the things I like about the Spoonflower contests is that you can VOTE for as many or as few designs as you like. There are eight pages all up and you can click on each one you like as you go through and then vote at the end.

I'd love it if you have time to go and vote - for me!! whoops, no I mean for your favourites ;-). There are some great designs in there and some interesting ideas.

The designs are designed and previewed over one yard of fabric, which I think would make a great quick and inexpensive baby quilt, I like to think mine is not too girly and would match a range of contemporary colour schemes.  I've ordered a test swatch to check colours (I'll show you when it arrives) and then I intend to order at least one yard to keep in my stash for the next girl baby that comes along. I think it would look lovely backed in pink flannel with some straight line quilting between the squares.

Each of the squares in my cheater is a repeat so I'm uploading my favourites to Spoonflower too. I think they would be great to sew matching accessories like bibs and baby shoes. And most of them work for boys or girls too.

3 comments :

  1. I voted for you! ... I was very tempted by "Plush Carcasses" though! ;) Hope you win Susie :) Kx

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have been loving spoonflower for over a year now. try to vote every week. I am so excited to see your designs there.. Going to vote NOW....

    ReplyDelete
  3. So excellent to see that you're going somewhere with those. Voting (in stereo) right NOW!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for dropping by and commenting :-)