Friday 6 March 2009

ophelia

When I was little and my parents took us to art galleries (which they did a lot, and now I take my kids) we were always allowed to choose one postcard from the gallery shop. I still love to do that, though I buy more than one these days :-)
I don't know what happened to that old postcard collection. I'd love to look through it again. Lost in a move I expect.
Here is one choice that I remember, it is Ophelia by John Everett Millais.
It came to mind the other day and I went looking online for it. I still love it. My taste mustn't have changed since I was ten!

1 comment :

  1. What a wonderful idea! Just adds to the appreciation of art.
    Yes - I must say I find it quite intriguing to see some of the threads of of what I like weave through my whole life.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for dropping by and commenting :-)