Sunday 2 November 2008

sculpture by the sea


Sculpture by the Sea is on again. This fantastic exhibition puts sculpture along the beautiful Bondi to Tamarama cliff walk, giving wonderful art a breathtaking background. We set off on a really hot afternoon with our swimmers and towels only to walk around the first corner and get hit in the face by a Southerly Buster, the cold wind that comes up from the cold southern seas, bringing relief after a hot, airless Sydney day. A couple of times I felt like I was going to be swept over the edge by a particularly strong gust! Here are photos of some of my favourites. I think the army figure is very clever.
Last year's sculpture by the sea pictures were one of the first entries on my blog. In a week's time I will have done a whole year of blogging!

3 comments :

  1. Well, happy blogo-versary, time flies doesn't it? The sea scupltures look amazing

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love em love em! The spikey one is really great on the rocks. Happy 1st birthday!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a great concept. I have been to Bondi, but did not do that walk. Have walked along the coast from Maroubra before. I do love the soldier too!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for dropping by and commenting :-)