Thursday 16 October 2008

blog action day

I recently read about Blog Action Day - Poverty on Pia's blog.
I was pleased to see that one of the actions suggested was to help support microfinance organisation Kiva. I've spoken about this group before. If you haven't looked at it today is another great chance to read about the great work they are doing supplying microfinance in poorer areas.
You can sponsor someone, an adult, in their small business, help them buy materials and ultimately help them support themselves and their families. Even better the money is paid back and you can lend it again!
I love the synchronicity of using my business to support another person in growing their business. To make it even more personal I've chosen to finance women with children in the craft/retail/fashion field. Today I reinvested some of the returns on my first loan to help another person. Join me now!

Today thousands of bloggers will unite to discuss a single issue - poverty. We aim to raise awareness, initiate action and to shake the web!

2 comments :

  1. congratulations! i too have been doing the kiva thing. it is so satisfying to reinvest your original loan and see it working.
    thanks for your amazing blog.
    cheers, kate
    (fellow sydney-sider)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Kate :-) It is so satisfying isn't it? I'm so glad you love the blog!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for dropping by and commenting :-)